Churches

Belton Church - Information, services and events

St Peter & St Paul Church, Belton

Photograph of st peter & st paul church, belton

The Church dates from the Norman period and has features from the Norman, late medieval, Georgian and Victorian periods. The recorded list of Incumbents of Belton goes back to 1230. The registers record that members of the Porter and Pakenham families were buried here but almost all of the surviving monuments in the Church were executed in memory of successive generations of Brownlow and Cust families of Belton, usually by the leading sculptors of the day. The tower has a ringing peal of five bells with the oldest being cast circa 1590 and the most recent tenor and treble bells cast in 1872.

For further information, Services and opening times click on the Belton Church - Information, services and events link below.

                                               www.beltonchurch.uk

St John the Evangalist, Manthorpe

Photograph of st john the evangalist church, manthorpe

St John’s was built in 1846 by Honourable Reverend Richard Cust, M.A., Rector of Belton and the brother of the second Earl Brownlow. The living was joined with Londonthorpe under the sole Patronage of Earl Brownlow. St John’s is now part of the Grantham group of parishes and serves Manthorpe village and a wider area to the north side of Grantham.