Some dates for your diary. These are all PCC organised events: Further details to follow:
Following the Parish Meeting on October 31st the draft minutes are published in the Minutes Section of the web site as well as the interim accounts to the end of September (6 months). These can also be found on the Parish Notice Board in Careby.
Please see details of Holywell Road closure from 11th-22nd November in Parish News section
BURNS SUPPER at Pettywood Farm, Holywell
In aid of
Saturday, January 25th 2014 from 7.00pm
(see details and addresses for tickets)
Please also see the very nice letter the Parish Meeting received from the PCC after the Parish recently made the budgeted donation towards the upkeep of the church (see PCC section/attachment)
Public Libraries consultation . Please download the details in the Parish News section.
Please see latest Parish updates from Lincolnshire CC attached in the Parish News section : Parish update No. 6 and the SKDC Cultural Stretgy 2013-2014
See also Updated bus timetable (Route 4 ) and Call Connect posters
Please also see recent Neighbourhood watch updates
Please see latest Parish Meeting minutes now uploaded. The 2012/13 Parish Accounts have now been audited by Grant Thornton, who have raised no matters of concern. The accounts are posted on the Parish Notice Board.
Also in the Parish section details about the new First Aid First Call scheme being started in the area, seeking volunteers.
Concessionary Bus Travel
How to renew your
Concessionary Bus Pass if it expires in March or April 2013
Please see the section in Bus Timetables
Also for call connect please see the attachments here.
Careby with Aunby and Holywell is a rural parish of about 150 people, with around 60 households, living in the three hamlets in the beautiful South Lincolnshire countryside about 6 miles north of the market town of Stamford.
The parish has existed for hundreds of years as a farming community and its properties are largely built from locally quarried limestone.
It is believed that Careby was given its name by the Danes who had a settlement alongside the River Glen 1000 years ago.
It is a parish of valleys, rivers and woodland and is divided by the East Coast mainline railway linking London to Edinburgh and the north-east of England.
It has a lovely old church, St Stephens, that dates back to the 13th century, and a pub, the Willoughby Arms, which was built in 1853 as booking office and waiting room for the private railway which in those days was owned by Lord Willoughby of Grimsthorpe.