Photo by DCHH
COLSTERWORTH & DISTRICT PARISHES
Colsterworth and District Parish Council is a combined council consisting of the civil parishes of Colsterworth, (which includes the hamlet of Woolsthorpe By Colsterworth), Gunby and Stainby and recently North Witham, (which includes Lobthorpe).
It is situated in the District of South Kesteven in the County of Lincolnshire, Colsterworth with Gunby and Stainby being part of the District Council Ward of Isaac Newton. North Witham and Lobthorpe are also now in the District Council Ward of Isaac Newton after recent boundary changes.
The Lincolnshire County Council Electoral Division is Colsterworth Rural, which is in the Parliamentary Constituency of Grantham and Stamford.
Colsterworth with its associated close neighbour Woolsthorpe (birthplace, at the Manor, of Sir Isaac Newton) is the largest village and has a population of over 1500. Gunby and Stainby have a population of about 130 and North Witham is approximately the same.
Colsterworth has both a Post Office (01476 860262) and a Co-Operative small super market, which are well used by both local residents and people from the surrounding area.
The only public house in Colsterworth is the White Lion (01476 861466), which has a deserved reputation for its hospitality and magnificent food.
The rural community straddles the A1 trunk road, the nearest town being Grantham 6 miles to the north. The River Witham meanders through the Parish and there is a wealth of wildlife in the area.
The Parish has some superb scenery with its undulating farmland, which can be enjoyed by walking the many footpaths both in and outside the villages.
Do not use material from this website without the written permission of Colsterworth a District Parish Council