Committees and Working Parties
Management and Finance Committee
Chairman: Cllr P Key
Cllrs; Boles, Coward, Craig, Dobbie, Hughes, Key, Rollings
- Council Tax Recommendations
- Control of Fixed Assets
- Insurance of Council Assets
- Use of Council Land
- Future Planning
- Civil Emergency Planning
- Burial Grounds
- Complaints Policy
Community Services Committee
Chairman: Cllr L Rollings
Cllrs; Boles, Burr, Craig, Isherwood, Panter, Rollings, Tinker
Provision of Public Services in respect of: -
- Play Areas and Parks
- Amenity Areas
- Public Transport and Bus Shelters
- Car Parks
- Footway Lighting
- Street Furniture (litter bins, seats and signage)
- Public toilets
- Arranging events
To be responsible for the Council’s role in the Community and the development of partnerships, including the development of a Town Plan
Roses and Marshalls Sports Grounds
Grounds Maintenance (subject to any unbudgeted financial implication being recommended to Management and Finance Committee)
Planning and Development Committee
Chairman: Cllr B Coward
Cllrs; Burr, Coward, Dobbie, Isherwood, Key, Panter, Tinker
The functions of the Committee are as follows:
- To consider and comment on all plans and maps relative to Gainsborough submitted by other authorities and to forward observations to the appropriate authorities unless otherwise directed by the Town Council.
- To consider all other matter analogous to Planning and to bring to the notice of the appropriate authority any apparent breaches of the Planning Regulations.
- To consider matters relating to Tree Preservation Orders.
- To consider matters relating to the Town's footpaths and bridleways.
- To consider other matters relating to the built and rural environment not directly covered by other Committees.
- To liaise with the Police and relevant authorities regarding road traffic and road and pedestrian safety issues.
Chairman: Cllr R Doran
Cllrs; Boles, Doran, Key, Tinker, Woolley
Management of the role of Town Clerk including the undertaking of an annual appraisal.
Agree staffing levels and management structure
Review Personnel policies and their implementation in line with local authority regulations and guidelines and report, where necessary, back to full Council
To deal with staffing issues, pay and conditions, disciplinary issues, resignations, recruitment and all other staffing matters
To support and approve necessary staff training
Consideration of health and safety issues
Manage an annual review/appraisal system for employed staff, including target setting under direction from Line Manager
Monitor sickness absence
‘To arrange for the appointment of Clerk to the Council’.
Cllrs; Butler, Dobbie, Doran, Hughes, Key, Woolley
The Allotments Sub-Committee manage the allotments and oversee all general maintenance and upkeep of allotments and deal with related issues.