The Parish of Glentham is situated in the District of West Lindsey in Lincolnshire. It is a fairly widespread rural community consisting of the village of Glentham, the hamlet of Bishopbridge and surrounding farms. Most of the parish is on the north side of the A631 between the market towns of Gainsborough and Market Rasen, and is about 14 miles north of Lincoln. In 2001, the parish had a population of approximately 340 people.
Glentham is fortunate today insomuch as it has a village store, a local pub (the 400-year-old Crown Inn), a bed and breakfast, a garage, a garden centre (with on-site café, butcher's shop, retail outlets, and hair and beauty lounge), a village hall, an outreach Post Office and a Grade 1 listed church, St Peter’s, dating from the 13th century. The hamlet of Bishopbridge can also lay claim to its own local, The Bell.
Although the population of Glentham has not increased from the 1901 census, the size of the village has increased in terms of new housing. In the past 40 years, the number of houses in the parish has doubled, mainly through infill and a couple of small developments, although the general shape and open aspect of the village has been retained.