All Saints Church

All Saints Church is located on the corner of Church Lane and the High Street Harmston.

Services are held at 11am on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month.

For more information about the Church please contact the Churchwarden Mr Derek Smith on 01522 722281.


History:

The Church was already in existence in 1086. In about 1100, a tower was added, of a type found only in Lincolnshire. Over the following four centuries, the building grew to about its present size. It was rebuilt on the old foundations in 1717, only the tower being left unchanged. In 1867, the architect R.J. Withers was brought in to gothicise the building; his work was regarded by the Diocesan Architectural Society as an exemplary piece of work.

In the churchyard there is a headstone to John Wilson, who made the statue of George III on Dunston Pillar.

There are a number of photographs of the church in the gallery below.

 

 

 

  •  
  • pages: