Photograph of Ingham Green

Ingham Parish Council

Ingham is situated 10 miles north of Lincoln on the B1398 road, which runs parallel to the main A15.  The village was  founded in 500 AD and was one of a number of ‘springline’ villages founded at points where springs rose from underneath the scarp slope of the Cliff.  The population of the parish is now c.900 people

The village has two fine village greens, with the larger being one of the most impressive in Lincolnshire.  This green is the focal point of the village and is skirted by well established trees and 18th and 19th century houses of local stones and pantiled roofs. The main green is overlooked by the village school, an attractive stone building of 1851, with an ornate bell tower.  The smaller Green is dominated by the 13th Century All Saints Church, surrounded by a churchyard which includes the Ingham War Memorial.

Village amenities include a village hall, tennis court, playing fields, play park and shop.  There are three pubs being  The Black Horse, The Inn on the Green and The Windmill.