Laughton Parish

Laughton is a small rural village in Lincolnshire lying between the towns of Scunthorpe and Gainsborough

Laughton was an estate, split into small farm units. Although the main occupation was agriculture, the 1891 census shows there were two carpenters, a blacksmith, a threshing machine owner, two shoemakers, a postmaster and 3 grocers

Laughton now consists of a mixture of old and new properties, while still maintaining its rural village characture. It has one Public House (Ingram Arms) a farm shop, 2 churches and a village school.