Parish Council

Photograph of the old school, nettleham

The Parish Council owns the Old School, a Grade 2 Listed Building, which it purchased in 1999 with the aid of the grant from the Heritage Lottery Board. The premises are used for community purposes and are in much demand from village organisations. These premises are used for Age Concern, Art & Craft groups, Local Twinning parties and functions. It comprises of two halls, a large hall which can accommodate up to 150 persons for the purposes of most functions and a smaller hall which can accommodate 50 persons for similar activities on a smaller scale.

The Parish Council also own Mulsanne Park together with the pavilion on the land which is an area comprising of 10 acres and is used for sporting and recreation facilities.The Tennis Club, Football Club and Cricket Club all use this facility.

The Parish Council also own the Bill Bailey Memorial Field. It was gifted to the village in 1946 by Mrs & Miss Jackson, the daughter and grand-daughter of William Bailey. It was given in both his memory and that of Wilfred Deburier the fiance of Miss Jackson who lost his life over Hamburg in 1943, 4 days before their wedding day. The field is maintained by the Parish Council in the memory of all the parishioners who also lost their lives in the 1939/45 war. It is the principal location for children's play equipment in the village, some facilities are also available at Mulsanne Park and The Larches (The Paddock).

We own Vicars Wood, an environmentally managed wood adjoining the Church in the centre of the village. The Parish Council is also the burial authority and manages the burial ground. One striking feature of Nettleham is the number and range of trees all over the village, in the last 25yrs the Council have either planted or been associated with the planting of over 7000 trees in the village.

The Parish Council has the following committees, Planning, Property and Mulsanne Park Users. Meetings are arranged on a regular basis, to find the date of the next meeting please look at the Notice Board or see Meetings Schedule below.

Any comments on this site are welcome and should be addressed to the:-

Clerk to the Parish Council
Former Police Office
Scothern Road

Telephone: 01522 750011

e-mail to



See Village Images for photographs of the royal visit from HRH Duke of Kent to officially open the Bishop's Palace site, March 2014.