Welcome to North Hykeham Town Council
The first North Hykeham Parish Council meeting was held in 1894. With the growth of the town, North Hykeham successfully achieved Town Council status in 1973. In 2006 North Hykeham Town Council was immensely proud to be awarded Quality Council status and received re-acreditation in 2010.
The Town Council Committee meetings are currently held at six-weekly intervals. There are 18 councillors. The Town is divided into 5 wards: Moor (3 Councillors), Mill (6 Councillors), Memorial (3 Councillors), Witham (3 Councillors) and Forum (3 Councillors). In May of each year, a Mayor and Deputy Mayor are elected. The Council is served by the Town Clerk, a Deputy Clerk and two Apprentice Assistant Clerks.
There are five Committees of the Council plus additional sub-committees and working parties who report and make recommendations to the Full Council for approval. Committees meet every six weeks. These five committees are Finance & Policy, Parks & Recreation, Environment, Community Liaison and Planning.
North Hykeham Town Council is responsible for the maintenance of all our open spaces: Village Green, Witham Fields, St Aidens and Glebe Park; Mill Lane cemetery; allotments at Mill Lane and Chapel Lane; football pitches at Witham Fields and farmers’ markets. The council also owns and manages the public toilets on the Village Green. We have one Senior Groundsman, one Technical Groundsman, three Groundstaff, a Dog/Park Warden and Environmental Warden.