Town Council facilities
Football pitches are available for hire each season at Witham Fields (off Fen Lane) and are available to use on Sundays only from 1 September to 30 April. The Town Council marks out the pitches and provides goal posts and nets.
Charges are reviewed annually
The Town Council owns allotments at Chapel Lane, Mill Lane and Sharp Walk
These prices match the charges for 2013.
Charges are reviewed annually. You are able to have either a full size plot or a 50% size plot. 50% plots are half the normal price
Chapel Lane (without water supply) - £28.00 per year (half size plot £15.00 per year)
Mill Lane (with water supply) - £30.00 per year (half size plots £16.00 per year)
Sharp Walk - £23.00 per year.
PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST
Our skatepark was built in 2003 and extended in 2011 it is situated in Witham Fields, off Fen Lane. It is open from dawn till dusk and is locked at night.
HELMETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
NO SCOOTERS ALLOWED ON THE SKATEPARK
The Cemetery at Mill Lane was opened in 1998
Charges are reviewed annually
For North Hykeham Residents:
Exclusive Right of Burial Single Plot (8’x4’) - £300.00
Exclusive Right of Burial Double Plot (8’x4’ double depth) - £500.00
Cremated Remains Plot (2’x1’ maximum 2 caskets) - £185.00
Internment of Ashes by Council staff - £40.00
Children’s Plots (6’x3’ up to age 12 years) - No Fee
Erect a monument (either burial plot or cremated remains) - £60.00
Each additional inscription - £30.00
Prices for Non Residents (i.e. those not appearing in the current or previous year’s electoral register will be DOUBLE
Mill Lane, LN6 9RY
Held on the 4th Friday of each month between 9am and 3pm on The Ark car park. Stall holders need to complete relevant paperwork and have appropriate public liability insurance. Contact the office for further details.
We have modernised unisex toilet and a disabled toilet on the Village Green, Lincoln Road. Toilets are free of charge and are open from 7.30am to 6pm.
Shredder for Garden Refuse
The shredder is available for the disposal of garden refuse from end of September to end of April at the car park, Fen Lane, Witham Fields. Please bring only materials suitable for shredding between 11.00am and 2.00pm on the actual day and advise Groundsman if you require the chippings. Only the Town Council Groundsman is allowed to operate this equipment.
North Hykeham Town Council has its very own Park Warden who patrols our open spaces areas, monitoring the safety of all those using our areas and ensuring young people behave appropriately.
North Hykeham Town Council has a joint Dog Warden with Skellingthorpe Parish Council. This is partly funded through North Kesteven District Council. The Dog Warden ensures responsible dog owners clear up after their dogs and issues dog fouling fixed penalty tickets.
North Hykeham Town Council’s litter picker is partly funded through North Kesteven District Council. Our litter picker picks up litter on main access roads and certain housing estates within the town.
The Town Council has a number of dog bins on open spaces areas in the town. All other dog bins are owned by North Kesteven District Council
We have 15 Bus Shelters in the Town:
- The bottom of Station Road near Freeman Road - Brick
- Macmillan Avenue – Newark Road - Brick
- Top of Dore Avenue – Newark Road - Wood
- Near Ocean Restaurant – Newark Road - Brick
- Opposite Forum – Newark Road - Brick
- Opposite Plough Pub – Lincoln Road - Brick
- Bottom Dore Avenue – Lincoln Road - Brick
- Near Boundary – Lincoln Road - Wood
- Near Open Space – Dore Avenue - Polycarbonate
- Rear of Forum – Malton Road - Brick
- Near N.K. Sports Centre – Newark Road (Crossroads) – Polycarbonate
- By Forum – Newark Road - Polycarbonate
- Lincoln Road, by Eyam Way - Polycarbonate
- Mill Lane, outside Social Club- Polycarbonate
- Newark Road, front of Chatsworth Drive- Polycarbonate
We have 8 Notice Boards in the Town. 5 of the Notice Boards are for community use:
- Fen Lane (Civic Offices Car Park)
- Newark Road (outside Memorial Hall)
- Spar, Newark Road and Community Notice Board
- Hykeham Green (outside Lincolnshire Co-operative) & Community Notice Board
- Mill Lane (Chiltern Way) & Community Notice Board
- The Forum (outside Post Office) & Community Notice Board
- Windermere Avenue
- Tiber Road (new Barratt development off Newark Road) & Community Notice Board
Please deliver any posters you wish to advertise your event to the Civic Offices.