minutes 14 june 2015

approved minutes.

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF

TETNEY PARISH COUNCIL

Held on the 11th June 2015 at Tetney Village Hall

Present: - Councillors: Y. Fletcher B. Maynard (Chair)

B. Holden S. McMillan (Vice Chair)

T. Powell S. Watson (Dist. Cllr)

R. Lukehurst S. Booth (Clerk)

A. Winslow G. Lane

Public: - 4

15/01. FORMER CHAIR’S REPORT

  • Chairman Maynard welcomed the Councillors and members of the public. He outlined where Fire exits and extinguishers were situated, where to assemble in an emergency, that the building was a “No smoking” establishment and that the Council policy folder was available at the rear of the room.

  • To elect a Chairman for the year 2015/16.

Cllr Maynard was proposed by Cllr Fletcher, seconded by Cllr Holden,

Cllr Lukehurst was proposed by Cllr Winslow however no seconder came forward. Therefore Cllr Maynard was elected as Chair.

  • To receive the acceptance of office by the Chair.

Cllr Maynard signed his acceptance of office form.

  • To elect the Vice Chair for the year 205/16.

Cllr McMillan was proposed by Cllr Fletcher and seconded by Cllr Maynard. All in favour.

15/02. APOLOGIES

  • Apologies were received in advance from Cllr Bridges due to work commitments.

15/03. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

  1. To record declarations of interest by any member of the Council in respect of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should identify the agenda item and type of interest being declared. None

  2. To note dispensations given to any member of the Council in respect of the agenda items listed below. None

15/04. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

  • Had been previously circulated. It was proposed by Cllr Lukehurst and seconded by Cllr Powell to accept the Minutes. Vote to accept all in favour. These be adopted as a true record’.

15/05. OPEN FORUM

  • Cllr McMillan stated that the Village Voice newsletter has been delayed.

15/06. CLERK’S REPORT ON MATTERS OUTSTANDING

  • Booked computer course.

  • Asked Cllr McMillan to contact Cllr Watson regarding NDP finances.

  • Sent Cllr Powell contact details for npower Christmas lights.

  • Put in planning comments.

  • Asked Cllr McMillan to put Caravan Club information on website and Tetney Facebook page.

  • Informed School a trophy would be donated.

  • Reported fly tipping on Holton Rd.

  • Reproduced no grass dumping sign.

  • Sent in available acceptance of office and pecuniary interests form to ELDC and informed elections that Chair/Vice chair election had been deferred.

  • Sent cheque for Parish Insurance.

  • Attended meeting at bank with Cllr Fletcher.

15/07. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES FROM OUTSIDE BODIES

  • Cllr Watson spoke to Anne Shorland regarding the ndp grant money. Anne Shorland has stated that she wants to see more information and quotes for projects the group are working on before she will release any more money.

  • Next Northern Area Committee meeting will be on 22nd July.

15/08. NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

  • Following Cllr Watson’s information from Anne Shorland (see 15/07), Cllr McMillan to send Cllr Watson the dates of the next NDP meeting so he can invite Anne Shorland to attend. There are no original members of the Holton Le Clay NDP group left and they are also having the same problems with Anne Shorland and finances.

15/09. AUDIT RETURN

  • Cllr Maynard signed the approved fixed asset list which had been previously circulated.

  • The Clerk read out the Annual Governance statement which all Cllrs approved. Cllr Maynard the proceeded to sign the Audit Return.

FINANCIAL REPORT

15/10.Expenses accrued in May/June/July 15 (paid 11th June 2015)

S. Booth Clerk’s salary £ 498.96p

S. Booth Expenses/Phone £ 16.26p

S. Booth Clerk’s salary (July) £ 498.96p – paid 9/7/15

S. Stinson Caretaker £ 200.00p

S. Stinson Caretaker (July) £ 200.00p – paid 9/7/15

C. Bovill Contractor £ 700.00p

C. Bovill Contractor (July) £ 700.00p – paid 9/7/15

CRL Accounting Audit accountant £ 120.00p

Anglian Water Toilet water bill £ 49.50p

15/11. Receipts in May/June 15

Mr Woods Townspiece rent £ 165.00p

15/12. Bank Balance

Treasurer’s Account 793 £ 3,200.08p

Business Money Manager Account 386 £ 12,425.00p

Business Money Manager Account 249 (Toilets) £ 352.74p

Money Market (Cemetery) £ 13,634.46p

Proposed by Cllr Lukehurst and seconded by Cllr Powell. ‘These sums be paid’.

Carried unanimously

*Account opened on 1/6/15 using funds from former NS&I account + £6000 previously agreed to be transferred from HSBC 386 account.

15/13. Planning Permission

**All applications comments are available to view at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk

N/178/00925/15 New Delights Fm Awaiting comments

N/178/00743/15 Mr Bridges Awaiting comments

N/178/00877/15 Mr Ellis Awaiting comments

N/178/00685/15 Mr Amos Awaiting comments

15/14. Planning Decision

N/178/00552/15 Mr Laver Withdrawn

N/178/00358/15 Mr Eaton Withdrawn

N/178/00381/15 Mr Holden Approved

15/15. Correspondence

Boundary Review commission - Local Govt boundary review

LALC - AGM invite

Tetney primary School - New fence information

15/16. TETNEY LOCK

Cllr Lane to contact Louth Navigation Trust regarding inaccuracies in their leaflet. Tetney Lock Rd has been surface dressed although the potholes were not filled beforehand and the white lines have not been replaced yet. Trees outside “Chez Nous” are growing around power lines. Clerk to report.

15/17. VILLAGE HALL/TOILETS

Caravan Club event well over the bank holiday weekend and raised over £400 for the Village Hall. The grate covering the outside drain had been lifted to allow the caravan owners to dispose of their toilet waste, this was strictly against the Parish Council’s wishes. Clerk to ask handyman to fix a padlock to the grate.

All money raised from the collection of scrap metal to go to school funds.

15/18. CEMETERY, CHURCHYARD AND JUBILEE GARDENS

Two funerals taking place next week, Clerk has already arranged flag to be at half mast. Churchyard is looking good with a path cut around the church and strimmed over the rest of the church yard. Many cracks have appeared again and it has been acknowledged by the PCC that to use the mower would not be effective. The WI have planted £50 worth of shrubs in Jubilee Gardens, they will added more to fill in the gaps. Clerk to send letter of thanks to WI.

15/19. ALLOTMENTS

Best Kept Allotment competition will be judged in late June/early July. Cllr Fletcher to obtain trophies. Cllr Lane proposed spending up to £30 on trophies, seconded by Cllr Holden, all in favour.

15/20. FOOTPATHS, ROADS, TREES AND LIGHTING

Footpath outside school has been repaired. Several complaint have been raised regarding the state of the paths after the LCC grass cutting. The grass has not been cut to a very high standard throughout the village. Clerk to ask Cllr Bridges to look into the matter, Clerk to complain to Highways and advise members of the public to complain directly to Highways too. Tree branch hanging dangerously over the road on Station Rd. Hedges overgrown on bend on Holton Rd and on bend on A1031, Clerk to report. Potholes to be re-reported on Station Rd and footpath disintegration outside Willowside on Holton Rd.

15/21. DOG FOUL/LITTER BINS, BENCHES AND NOTICE BOARD

No report.

15/22. POLICE MATTERS/ FLY TIPPING/WEBSITE

There have been 2 shed burglaries on Chirch Lane where mowers were taken on both occasions.

Clerk to send Minutes to Cllr Maynard from October 2014 onwards and website to be updated generally.

15/23. EXTRAORDINARY ITEMS

Mr Barry Gee named on ELDC website as Tetney Parish Councillor, Clerk to ask for the name to be removed. Cllr Fletcher is shown on ELDC website as Cllr Mrs Fletcher whereas Cllr Winslow is shown as Cllr Winslow. Cllr Fletcher has asked for uniformity. Clerk to chase up.

15/24. Next agenda

Christmas lights.

15/25. Dates and time of next meeting

Thursday 9th July 2015 – cancelled

Thursday 13th August 2015

Thursday 10th September 2015, in the village hall at 7.30pm

15/26. COUNCIL’S OPTION OF CLOSED SESSION

Council decided to go into closed session. Meeting finished at 8.55pm.

Agenda format was discussed.

Closed session finished at 10pm.

Enter page text here