Minutes February 2018

MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 8 FEB 2018

  • 1
    MINUTES OF A MEETING OF
    TETNEY PARISH COUNCIL
    Held on the 8
    th
    February 2018 at Tetney Village Hall
    Present: - Councillors: B. Maynard (Vice Chair)
    B. Holden
    Y. Fletcher T. Hill
    T. Powell R. Lukehurst
    S. Booth (Clerk)
    Public: - 0 + Cllr Watson and PC Precious
    16/18 CHAIR’S REPORT
    ? Cllr Maynard welcomed the Councillors and PC Precious. He outlined where
    Fire exits and extinguishers were situated, where to assemble in an emergency,
    that the building was a “No smoking” establishment and that the Council
    policy folder was available at the rear of the room.
    17/18. APOLOGIES
    ? Apologies were received in advance from Cllr McMillan due to work
    commitments and Cllr Winslow due to other commitments. Proposed to accept
    apologies by Cllr Hill, seconded by Cllr Powell. All in favour. Resolved to
    accept.
    18/18. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
    a) To record declarations of interest by any member of the Council in respect
    of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should
    identify the agenda item and type of interest being declared. Cllr Holden
    23/18aii
    b) To note dispensations given to any member of the Council in respect of the
    agenda items listed below. None
    19/18. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
    ? Had been previously circulated. It was proposed by Cllr Hill and seconded by
    Cllr Lukehurst to accept the Minutes. Resolved to accept minutes. These be
    adopted as a true record’.
    20/18. OPEN FORUM
    ? None
    21/18. CLERK’S REPORT ON MATTERS OUTSTANDING
    ? Submitted planning comments for Bannister (Golf Club).
    ? Updated and circulated revised cemetery fees.
    ? Reported Tetney Lock Road subsiding between Hoop End and New Delights.
    (Ref 101000249741)
    ? Contacted LCC re grit bins. (ref 101000250881)
    ? Contacted insurance company re premium to cover grit bins.
    ? Asked handyman to go ahead with urinal push button system.
    Minutes February 2018
  • 2
    ? Sent in precept form.
    ? Reported pothole on path outside school (ref 101000249739), pothole opposite
    Golf Club entrance (ref 101000249730), Station Rd edge breaking up from
    Golf Cub to 30mph sign (ref 101000249734), Station Rd 6-8 large potholes
    (ref 101000249734).
    ? Reported ELDC street light column not connected.
    ? Asked for contract to be drawn up for cutting grass outside school.
    22/18. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES FROM
    OUTSIDE BODIES
    a) ELDC – Recycling centre cleared 2 weeks ago, blue newspaper bin to be
    removed as company gone out of business. Street Scene Dept. to review the
    area.
    Mr Cruikshank (Tower Farm) planning application to go before planning
    committee due to not passing sequential tests. Planning committee held on 8
    th
    March, Cllr Lukehurst and Cllr Hill to attend.
    ELDC joining Keep Britain Tidy campaign on 2- 4 March. ELDC will give
    free litter pickers and sacks to communities asking part and will collect all
    filed bags. Cllr Fletcher suggested arranging litter pick with the school.
    b) LCC – No report
    c) Outside representatives – PC Precious from Louth Rural policing team
    attended, he gave updated crime figures and spoke about the community speed
    watch initiative. See item 25/18e. CCTV cameras are beneficial to rural
    communities and the police, Waltham PC have several CCTV cameras, Cllr
    Holden to invite Cllr Martin Archer (Waltham PC Chair) to April meeting to
    discuss the advantages.
    23/18 PLANNING MATTERS
    **All applications comments are available to view at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
    a) To consider the following planning applications
    N/178/00049/18 PG Ingoldby & Sons Drainage
    N/178/00111/18* Mr Adam Not in keeping, drainage
    *Cllr Holden had declared an interest.
    b) To receive planning decisions
    24/18. CORRESPONDENCE
    None
    25/18 Parish Council matters
    a) Tetney Lock - No report.
    b) Village Hall/Toilets – Confirmation received for Christmas Fair booking.
    c) Cemetery, Churchyard and Jubilee Gardens – Invoice received from solicitor
    for cemetery extension enquiry.
    d) Allotments- Letter to be sent to Mr Meek advising contract will not be
    renewed.
    e) Footpaths, roads, trees, lighting and fly tip – Clerk to contact Cllr McNally re
    grit bins. Cllr Fletcher reported 12+ potholes on Holton Rd. Clerk to report
    Minutes February 2018
  • 3
    potholes on Inghams Lane (25+), 3 on village hall corner of Humberston Rd
    and missing bollard on A16/Station Rd junction. 3 fly tips on Tetney Lane.
    PC Precious spoke about the community speed watch initiative, equipment
    must be calibrated, there must be 3 volunteers, signs must be placed in both
    directions and sites must be risk assessed by police. Idea is not to prosecute
    but to educate. Logged speeds over 45mph sent letter from police with letter
    from Parish Council explaining why involved in the initiative. Cllrs Hill,
    Lukehurst and Maynard volunteered to man the radar gun. Cllr Maynard
    proposed the purchase of a radar gun and sundries up to £350, seconded by
    Cllr Hill, vote taken unanimously all in favour. Resolved to purchase
    equipment. Clerk to contact Nth Somercotes for template risk assessment,
    signage wording and PC letter.
    Parking on zigzag lines outside school is not enforceable however it can be
    reported to police who will contact registered vehicle owners.
    f) Dog foul, litter bins, benches and notice boards – Dog foul posters have been
    placed in notice boards.
    g) Police matters and website – See item 25/18e and item 22/18c. Website to be
    worked on and updated by Cllr Maynard and Clerk.
    h) Grass cutting outside school – LCC have sent email stating that no formal
    contract is needed for taking over the cut outside the school as it is such a
    small area. However they require a map showing the exact area to be cut.
    Clerk is struggling to find a map so will email describing the area.
    i) Grounds Maintenance Contract renewal – Cllr Maynard proposed renewing
    the Grounds contract for £625 per month over 8 months, seconded by Cllr
    Lukehurst, all in favour. Resolved to renew grounds contract.
    Chapel bushes at front to be trimmed by contractor as first task.
    26/18 FINANCIAL REPORT
    Financial matters
    a) Expenses in Jan/Feb 18 (paid 08/02/18 unless otherwise stated)
    S. Booth Clerk’s salary £ 488.96p
    S. Booth Expenses (Phone etc) £ 70.00p
    E. Weatherill Caretaker £ 200.00p
    Nest Pension £ 85.00p
    B&G Solicitors Cemetery work £ 130.00p
    b) Receipts
    Mr/s Willerton Burial Plot purchase £ 250.00p
    c) Bank Balance
    Treasurer’s Account 793 £ 3,109.74p
    Business Money Manager Account 386 £ 11,548.75p
    Money Market Account 113 (former NS&I) £ 13,741.38p
    Proposed by Cllr Holden and seconded by Cllr Hill. ‘These sums be paid’.
    Carried unanimously
    27/18 Extraordinary items (for information purposes only)
    4
    School planning a community event (quiz night or race night) to raise funds for a
    defibrillator for community use to be located outside school.
    28/18. Next Agenda
    - Mr Panton to attend March meeting.
    29/18 Future dates,
    Thursday 8
    th
    March 2018
    Thursday 12
    th
    April 2018
    Thursday 10
    th
    May 2108 + Annual Council meeting, in the Village Hall at 7.30pm.
    30/18. COUNCIL’S OPTION OF CLOSED SESSION
    Council decided not to go into closed session. Meeting finished at 9.10pm