Minutes March 2018

Minutes MARCH 2018

1
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF
TETNEY PARISH COUNCIL
Held on the 8
th
March 2018 at Tetney Village Hall
Present: - Councillors: S. McMillan(Chair) B. Maynard (Vice Chair)
B. Holden Y. Fletcher
T. Hill R. Lukehurst
S. Booth (Clerk)
Public: - 2
31/18 CHAIR’S REPORT
? Cllr McMillan welcomed the Councillors and public to the meeting. He
outlined where Fire exits and extinguishers were situated, where to assemble
in an emergency, that the building was a “No smoking” establishment and that
the Council policy folder was available at the rear of the room.
32/18. APOLOGIES
? Apologies were received in advance from Cllr Winslow due to other
commitments, Cllr Watson and Cllr McNally due to authority Council
business. Proposed to accept apologies by Cllr Maynard, seconded by Cllr
Lukehurst. All in favour. Resolved to accept.
33/18. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
a) To record declarations of interest by any member of the Council in respect
of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should
identify the agenda item and type of interest being declared. None
b) To note dispensations given to any member of the Council in respect of the
agenda items listed below. None
34/18. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
? Had been previously circulated. It was proposed by Cllr Hill and seconded by
Cllr Lukehurst to accept the Minutes. Resolved to accept minutes. These be
adopted as a true record’.
Cllr Holden arrived at 7.32pm
35/18. OPEN FORUM
? Mr Chris Panton from ELDC Planning department attended the meeting.
Council frustration at comments not being considered, the need for social and
private affordable homes in Tetney, the amount of large properties being
approved although there is no need for them, ongoing drainage and sewage
problems were discussed. ELDC has no control over what or how many
dwellings are put on “windfall” land by developers or if they apply several
times in small batches below the affordable home trigger point. Mr Panton
advised contacting Enforcement team re half built house on Humberston Rd.
Extra time can be asked for if deadline dates can’t be met due to holidays.
It was stressed that Tetney is an aging village and without smaller homes the
school will shut and facilities will not thrive.
Mr Panton understood the frustration but Planning dept hands are tied due to

current legislation and government targets

? Miss Addison, Head of Tetney Primary School, was present and agreed that
smaller housing was needed within the village however she rebuked the idea
that the school would close as the Local Education Authority (LEA) has stated
the school would only shut if it had less than 32 pupils, it currently has 67
pupils.
? Whilst the Head was present, Cllr Fletcher asked for a donation of £20 towards
the FOTPS (PTA) Easter Bingo on Saturday 24
th
March. Cllr Maynard
proposed, seconded by Cllr McMillan, all in favour. Miss Addison invited the
Parish Council to attend as well as the general public.
36/18. CLERK’S REPORT ON MATTERS OUTSTANDING
? Contacted Nth Somercotes for speed letter template and sign wording.
? Reported difficulty with opening attachments to planning applications.
? Contacted Cllr McNally re. grit bin problems.
? Reported potholes on Inghams Lane (ref 101000258583), outside Village Hall
(ref 101000252588), missing bollard on A16 junction (ref 101000258583)
? Reported fly tip on Tetney Lane.
? Submitted planning comments for Ingoldby, Adam, Shadan, Harries
Broughton.
? Sent plan of school frontage to LCC for grass cutting area.
37/18. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES FROM
OUTSIDE BODIES
a) ELDC – No report.
b) LCC – No report.
c) Outside representatives – No report.
38/18 PLANNING MATTERS
*All applications comments are available to view at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
**Applications may not be discussed at meetings due to deadlines and lack of internet connection to
allow viewing of plans.
a) Planning applications received
N/178/00188/18 Mr Broughton Not affordable housing
N/178/00233/18 Mr Harries No objection
N/178/00249/18 Mr Shadan Drainage issues
N/178/00330/18 Mr Ramsden Awaiting comments.
b) Planning decisions received
*Cllr Hill and Cllr Lukehurst attended the Planning Committee meeting and put
forward Council and private views on application N/178/02028/17, application was
refused.
39/18. CORRESPONDENCE
None
Minutes March 2018
40/18 Parish Council matters
a) Tetney Lock - No report.
b) Village Hall/Toilets – No report.
c) Cemetery, Churchyard and Jubilee Gardens – Headstone approved for Mr
Stark.
d) Allotments- Letter received from Mr Meek giving up his allotment. Contracts
to be shortened this year to cover April to February, Cllr Hill proposed rent
discount of £2/£1 per plot to cover reduced period, all in favour. Contracts for
2019 will be issued 1
st
February rather than 1st April to allow a full growing
year for new plot holders. Contract covering letter to include no manure to be
accepted as already have a quality, regular supply and that no work can be
carried out on other plots. Clerk to order new sign for allotment entrance.
Clerk to contact allotment holders to verify if still require current plots.
e) Footpaths, roads, trees, lighting and fly tip – Clerk had meeting with LCC
winter maintenance team. Grit bin locations are approved, awaiting written
confirmation. Clerk to request Station Rd be gritted and grit bins for Town Rd/
Chapel Rd and Stoney Way. Grit bins to go on September agenda. Column 31
on Town Rd still not connected. Dong Energy don’t have a start date yet for
market Place island repair work. Cllr Lukehurst reported fly tip at recycling
centre. Clerk to ask ELDC when rearranged date for Community litter pick is.
f) Dog foul, litter bins, benches and notice boards – A post has been placed on
Facebook asking residents to name and shame dog foulers.
g) Police matters and website – No report
h) Grass cutting outside school – LCC have received our plan of area we are to
take over cutting. LCC have agreed to this and taken the area off their list.
i) Information Commission registration – Cllr Hill proposed, seconded by Cllr
Maynard to register with Information Commission. All agreed.
41/18 FINANCIAL REPORT
Financial matters
a) Expenses in Feb/Mar 18 (paid 08/03/18 unless otherwise stated)
S. Booth Clerk’s salary £ 488.96p
S. Booth Expenses £ 20.00p
E. Weatherill Caretaker £ 200.00p
C. Bovill Contractor £ 720.00p
Nest Pension £ 85.00p
LALC Annual Subscription £ 457.12p
FOTPS Donation £ 20.00p
b) Receipts
Serenity Additional Inscript (Stark) £ 90.00p
Mashfords Burial fee (Stocks) £ 125.00p
c) Bank Balance
Treasurer’s Account 793 £ 3,035.78p
Business Money Manager Account 386 £ 10,648.75p
Money Market Account 113 (former NS&I) £ 13,741.38p
Proposed by Cllr McMillan and seconded by Cllr Holden. ‘These sums be paid
Carried unanimously
42/18 Extraordinary items (for information purposes only)
43/18. Next Agenda
44/18 Future dates,
Thursday 12
th
April 2018
Thursday 10
th
May 2108 + Annual Council meeting
Thursday 14
th
June 2018, in the Village Hall at 7.30pm.
45/18. COUNCIL’S OPTION OF CLOSED SESSION
Council decided not to go into closed session. Meeting finished at 9.30pm.