Minutes April 2018

Minutes April 2018

1
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF
TETNEY PARISH COUNCIL
Held on the 12
th
April 2018 at Tetney Village Hall
Present: - Councillors: B. Maynard (Vice Chair)
B. Holden Y. Fletcher
T. Hill R. Lukehurst
T. Powell S. Booth (Clerk)
Public: - 4 + Cllr McNally (County Cllr)
46/18 CHAIR’S REPORT
? Cllr Maynard welcomed the Councillors and public to the meeting. He
outlined where Fire exits and extinguishers were situated, where to assemble
in an emergency, that the building was a “No smoking” establishment and that
the Council policy folder was available at the rear of the room.
47/18. APOLOGIES
? Apologies were received in advance from Cllr McMillan due to work
commitments and Cllr Winslow and Dist. Cllr Watson due to other
commitments. Proposed to accept apologies by Cllr Hill , seconded by Cllr
Holden. All in favour. Resolved to accept.
48/18. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
a) To record declarations of interest by any member of the Council in respect
of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should
identify the agenda item and type of interest being declared. None
b) To note dispensations given to any member of the Council in respect of the
agenda items listed below. None
49/18. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
? Had been previously circulated. It was proposed by Cllr Lukehurst and
seconded by Cllr Fletcher to accept the Minutes. Resolved to accept minutes.
These be adopted as a true record’.
50/18. LOW CARBON FARMING
? Representatives from Low carbon Farming gave a presentation about an
industrial sized greenhouse (glasshouse) which plans are to be submitted for
shortly for land at Highfield Farm. It will cover 10 hectares, create 70-120
permanent mixture of jobs, and produce 10x more food using 10x less water
than traditional methods. Crops to be grown include tomatoes, cucumbers and
aubergines. Cllrs explained Humberson Rd is a high speed road and lorries
turning into and out of the site could be dangerous also that lorries from the site
should not come through the village due to the extra strain on the roads and the
design of the narrow roads within the village. Anglian Water have already
agreed to the use of the heat from the sewage treatment plant which will be
piped to the glasshouse. Planning application to be submitted in next few
weeks, land preparation takes considerable time, 4-5 month construction period
for the glasshouse, operational by end 2019.
Minutes April 2018
2
51/18. OPEN FORUM
? Resident from Tetney Lock raised several issues. White lines on Tetney Lock
Road still haven’t been replaced even though Cllr Richard Davis, Portfolio
holder for Highways confirmed it would be done. Cllr McNally checked for an
update and confirmed it had been missed again and should have been done.
Cllr McNally to chase up.
? It has been a particularly harsh winter in Tetney Lock, fire engine called ready
to pump out a house on Tetney Lock Road due to threat of flooding.
Environment Agency informed residents late with warning of flood risk.
? Problems with utility companies including electric power cuts for more than 24
hours, burst water pipes and internet connection issues.
? North Cotes have offered to share a speed radar gun with the Parish Council to
help cut speeding vehicles. Cllr Hill explained the Parish Council were already
involved in the community speed watch initiative and that Tetney Lock could
be added to the risk assessed sites.
? Thefts from sheds and garages have increased – Cllrs Hill and Lukehurst that
all thefts and suspicious activity should be reported to the police because if the
police don’t know they can’t do anything about it.
? Noticeboard needs updating.
? Resident asked when Dong Energy will finish work in the village. He was
advised that Dong can’t work at the moment due to the land being so wet and
artefacts have been found at one location which has halted work. The land will
be returned to original state once they have finished laying the 2
nd
pipe, Dong
will be another 2 years in the area.
? Resident asked if there was any further development on the wind turbine
community fund money. Clerk explained that all communication had ceased
since ASC sold the site to Bayw.re and no contact details were available.
Resident said he had an email contact and forward to Clerk. Clerk to ask Cllr
Watson to look into the matter.
? A large construction is underway at the rear of Chez Nous on Tetney Lock
Road and the resident wanted to know if it had planning permission. Parish
Council said it did not believe so but a simple check of the planning portal
would confirm it.
52/18. CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLOR
? Mr Hotchin applied to the Council. Application letter was read out. Cllr Powell
proposed, seconded by Cllr Hill to co-opt Mr Hotchin onto the Parish Council.
Cllr Hotchin joined the Council immediately after obligator forms were
completed and signed.
53/18. CLERK’S REPORT ON MATTERS OUTSTANDING
? Sent out allotment contracts and letters.
? Contacted enforcement re. building on Humberston Rd
? Asked sign writer for new allotment sign.
? Rang Mr Kerman re allotment plot.
? Requested Station Rd to be gritted and 2 grit bins.
? Emailed Cllr Watson to inform us of when new litter pick date is.
? Applied to ICO for registration.
Minutes April 2018
3
54/18. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES FROM
OUTSIDE BODIES
a) ELDC – No report.
b) LCC – Increase in Council Tax from ELDC, LCC, and police. £3.5m extra
from Govt. for potholes on top of existing budget. Scrutiny review from part
night lighting scheme will see a proposal to Parish Council for them to pay for
the conversion to LED’s and LCC will then take on the running and
maintenance. Street lighting in sheltered accommodation areas should be
exempt from part lighting scheme. Cllr McNally to look into this. The Well
Being service formerly provided by LCC has been contracted out to the 7
district councils. Cllr Fletcher informed Cllr McNally that Mr Panton from
ELDC planning had attended the previous meeting and he explained the
planning dept. situation very well.
c) Outside representatives – No report.
55/18 PLANNING MATTERS
*All applications comments are available to view at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
**Applications may not be discussed at meetings due to deadlines and lack of internet connection to
allow viewing of plans.
a) Planning applications received
N/178/00111/18 Mr Adam Flooding, drainage, archaeological survey
N/178/02379/18 Mr Bannister (Golf Club) Drainage, sewage
N/178/00567/18 Mr/s Sutton
b) Planning decisions received
N/178/00188/18 Mr Broughton Approved
N/178/00233/18 Mr Harries Approved
N/178/00249/18 Mr Shadan Approved
N/178/02028/18 Mr/s Cruikshank Refused
56/18. CORRESPONDENCE
Lindsey Age UK - Donation request Request denied as get substantial
amount from ELDC and nationwide fundraising. Proposed by Cllr Hill, seconded by Cllr Maynard.
57/18 Parish Council matters
a) Tetney Lock – See item 51/18.
b) Village Hall/Toilets – No report.
c) Cemetery, Churchyard and Jubilee Gardens – Tree fallen into the mound at
rear of cemetery. Clerk to ask contractor to top up graves again. Jubilee
Gardens hedge trimmed and grass cut. Annual grass cutting contribution paid
to Church Council
d) Allotments - Rent contracts sent out, most rent fees received. Two and half
plots not taken, PC responsible for the maintenance. Clerk to create poster
advertising plots available. Cllr Maynard proposed, seconded by Cllr Holden
to allow new holders plots rent free for first year. All in favour. Discussion on
how to maintain plots either weed spray or rotivate. Resolved to wait until
next month and see if poster advertising has worked.
e) Footpaths, roads, trees, lighting and fly tip – Cllr Hotchin is willing to meet
with Council footpath representative to discuss inaccessible public footpaths
4
Clerk to arrange. Clerk to report Fourways and Thoresby Road road surface
disintegrating, fly tip on Holton Rd and Humberston Rd past Bishopthorpe.
f) Dog foul, litter bins, benches and notice boards – No report
g) Police matters and website – Waiting for school head teacher to supply school
information for website.
58/18 FINANCIAL REPORT
Financial matters
a) Expenses accrued in Mar/April 2018 ( paid 12/04/18 unless otherwise stated)
S. Booth Clerk’s salary £ 613.70p
S. Booth Expenses £ 83.35p
E. Weatherill Caretaker £ 200.00p
C. Bovill Contractor £ 625.00p
Nest Pension £ 85.00p
ICO Registration £ 35.00p
St Peter & St Paul Grass cut annual payment £ 1750.00p
ELDC Cemetery rates £ 21.24p
Jas. Martin Allotment rent £ 725.00p
Anglian Water Allotment water £ 17.26p – paid 3/4/18
Anglian Water Toilet water bill £ 47.91p – paid 3/4/18
Environment Agy Drainage Rates £ 19.92p
E. On Toilet electric £ 33.10p
b) Receipts
Allotment holders Rent £ 265.00p
c) Bank Balance
Treasurer’s Account 793 £ 3,064.70p
Business Money Manager Account 386 £ 8,925.36p
Money Market Account 113 (former NS&I) £ 13,741.38p
Proposed by Cllr Lukehurst and seconded by Cllr Hill. ‘These sums be paid’.
Carried unanimously
59/18 Extraordinary items (for information purposes only)
60/18. Next Agenda
-Annual Audit Return
61/18 Future dates,
Thursday 10
th
May 2108 + Annual Council meeting
Thursday 14
th
June 2018
Thursday 12
th
July 2018, in the Village Hall at 7.30pm.
62/18. COUNCIL’S OPTION OF CLOSED SESSION
Council decided not to go into closed session. Meeting finished at 9.50pm.