tetney parish counci meeting 12july 2018

tetney parish council meeting 12 july 2018.

1
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF
TETNEY PARISH COUNCIL
Held on the 12th
July 2018 at Tetney Village Hall
Present: - Councillors: S. McMillan (Chair) B. Maynard (Vice Chair)
R. Lukehurst Y. Fletcher
T. Hill P. Hotchin
S. Booth (Clerk)
Public: - 0
93/18 CHAIR’S REPORT
? Cllr McMillan welcomed the Councillors and public to the meeting. He
outlined where Fire exits and extinguishers were situated, where to assemble
in an emergency, that the building was a “No smoking” establishment and that
the Council policy folder was available at the rear of the room.
94/18. APOLOGIES
? Apologies were received in advance from Cllr Winslow, Cllr Powell, Cllr
McNally (County Cllr) and Cllr Watson (Dist. Cllr) due to other
commitments. Proposed to accept apologies by Cllr Fletcher, seconded by Cllr
Hill. All in favour. Resolved to accept.
95/18. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
a) To record declarations of interest by any member of the Council in respect
of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should
identify the agenda item and type of interest being declared. None
b) To note dispensations given to any member of the Council in respect of the
agenda items listed below. None
96/18. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
? Had been previously circulated. It was proposed by Cllr Hill and seconded by
Cllr Maynard to accept the Minutes. Resolved to accept minutes. These be
adopted as a true record’.
97/18. OPEN FORUM
No report.
98/18. CLERK’S REPORT ON MATTERS OUTSTANDING
? Reported crossroads tree in need of trim. (ref 78902134)
? Reported fly tip on Grainsby Lane, possibly asbestos
? Reported cats’ eyes missing on Thoresby Road.(ref 78901128)
? Sent planning comments for Lamming, Golf Club, Ramsden and Adams.
? Wrote letter of thanks to Mr Mager for removal of soil mound.
99/18. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES FROM
OUTSIDE BODIES
a) ELDC – Cllr Watson sent report via Clerk, still chasing up wind farm
community fund.
Minutes July 2018
2
b) LCC – No report. At previous meeting Cllr McNally asked Cllr Hill for
information on Carers Associations, however Cllr Hill checked with NE Lincs
Carers Association and they do not share any information with other parties
due to data protection.
c) Outside representatives – Friends of Tetney Primary School (FOTPS) held
their annual summer fair and raised approx. £900. Cllr Lukehurst collects
scrap metal for the school funds and has raised £200 in 1 week.
100/18 PLANNING MATTERS
*All applications comments are available to view at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
**Applications may not be discussed at meetings due to deadlines and lack of internet connection to
allow viewing of plans.
a) Planning applications received
N/178/00916/18 The Wharf No objections
N/178/01362/18 Mr Dixon Outholme Farm No objections
N/178/01240/18 Evergreen Nurseries Access, safety,
static/residential
b) Planning decisions received
N/178/00330/18 Mr Ramsden Approved
N/178/02354/18 Mr Marley/ Mr Havery Approved
*An offer of thanks was given to Cllr Hill and Cllr Lukehurst for attending the
planning committee meeting and speaking on behalf of the residents.
101/18. CORRESPONDENCE
LALC AGM invite (Navenby 17/10/18) * Cllr Maynard to
attend, Clerk to book.
102/18 Parish Council matters
a) Tetney Lock – No report.
b) Village Hall/Toilets – Chairman of Village Hall committee has been seen on 3
occasions by separate residents dumping green waste at village hall, Cllr
Lukehurst to raise it at next hall meeting.
Clerk reported that wholesalers for toilet supplies was closing down, other
retailers discussed.
c) Cemetery, Churchyard and Jubilee Gardens – Application for headstone to be
removed, cleaned and re-fixed at current standards, approved.
Jubilee Gardens volunteer is still recuperating but would like to continue once
better.
d) Allotments – 1 plot taken, 1 plot discussed and agreed to be let.
e) Footpaths, roads, trees, lighting and fly tip – Trees obstructing village sign on
Station Rd, Clerk to report. Holton Le Clay have new footpaths being installed
even though they were of high quality than all of Tetney’s. It is possible the
funding may have come from s106 monies from developers.
Resident has asked for the hedge on North End Cres to be trimmed by
homeowner, however it is believed the hedge has been recently trimmed and
makes vehicles slow down before the junction.
LCC Countryside dept have written to homeowners on The Lanes asking for
them to trim hedges, 2 homeowners have complied, 1 has refused.
f) Dog foul, litter bins, benches and notice boards – Clerk to research notice board.
Minutes July 2018
  • 3
    g) Police matters and website – Cllr Hill and Cllr Lukehurst attended the Police
    Panel meeting. They raised matter of speeding vehicles through the village and
    lack of speed checks. PSCO suggested writing to LRSP asking for an Archer
    survey. Clerk to write letter. Cllr Hill remarked he was annoyed with the lack
    of /conflicting information coming from the police regarding community speed
    watch initiatives. Police and Crime Commissioner Marc Jones has stated in his
    annual report that radar guns will be supplied to community volunteers, however
    the PCSO knew nothing about it at the police panel meeting.
    Cllr Lukehurst to ask PC Precious about the new community speed watch
    schemes.
    h) Speed awareness radar gun – See 102/18g.
    103/18 FINANCIAL REPORT
    Financial matters
    a) Expenses accrued in June/July/Aug 2018 ( paid 12/07/18 unless otherwise stated)
    Clerk’s salary £ 488.96p
    Clerk’s Expenses £ 39.98p
    Caretaker £ 200.00p
    Contractor £ 625.00p
    Nest Pension £ 85.00p
    Clerk’s salary August £ 488.96p
    Caretaker August £ 200.00p
    Contractor August £ 625.00p
    Anglian Water Toilet bill £ 23.95p (paid 26/6/18)
    Anglian Water Allotment bill £ 15.77p (paid 26/6/18)
    E.On Toilet bill £ 72.37p (paid 26/6/18)
    b) Receipts
    HMRC Vat refund £445.73p
    c) Bank Balance
    Treasurer’s Account 793 £ 5,000.56p
    Business Money Manager Account 386 £ 9,582.80p
    Money Market Account 113 (former NS&I) £ 13,772.90p
    Proposed by Cllr Fletcher and seconded by Cllr Hill. ‘These sums be paid’.
    Carried unanimously
    104/18 Extraordinary items (for information purposes only)
    Cllr Lukehurst attended the Community Buildings cluster meeting at Utterby.
    105/18. Next Agenda
    Christmas Fair, Grit bins, payments by BACS.
    106/18 Future dates,
    Thursday 13
    th
    September 2018
    Thursday 11
    th
    October 2018
    Thursday 8
    th
    November 2018, in the Village Hall at 7.30pm.
    107/18. COUNCIL’S OPTION OF CLOSED SESSION
    Council decided not to go into closed session. Meeting finished at 8.45pm.
    Minutes July 2018